Monday, April 29, 2013

My First Half-Marathon!

I LOVE to run!!!

It is my stress release, it helps with my bipolar disorder, and is a great way to get (and stay) fit!

I started a walk-to-run program while in physical therapy after having surgery on my knee in July of 2012, and I have been addicted to runnig ever since :)

I started out only being able to walk for a little while, like 30 mins, on a really low speed on the treadmill at my gym, and now I can run 10 miles!

I will definitely write more about my love of running in later posts, but I wanted to let everyone know that I am doing my first-ever Half-Marathon on October 20, 2013, in Hershey, PA!  I'm super excited and can't wait for October! 

Even though I can't register until Wednesday, I was able to set up a fundraising page today.  I can do what I love (run) while getting support for sick children in Pennsylvania in the Children's Miracle Network!  It's a win-win situation!

If you'd like to support the kids and sponsor me, here is the link:
www.pennstatehersheycmn.org/campaign/megsfirsthalf

Thanks in advance for your support!

2 comments:

  1. Engaging in at least 30 minutes of physical activity definitely helps with Manic Depression. I know! :) SimplySaare.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments, Saare! I visited your website, too, and I really like it! It's awesome that you are so into fitness...it totally helps with Bipolar :)

      Delete